Jetloc Bonding Fasteners give you a solid metal anchor point on structures made from a variety of materials.
Fixing Methods for Bonding Fasteners
- These bonding fasteners provide metal anchors on plastic, fasteners for carbon fibre, and fixing points for GRP (Glass
Reinforced Plastic) products.
- The bonding fasteners design can provide you with an invisible fix eliminating the need for unsightly fixing holes and additional “making good”.
- They can be bonded to many different types of material and difficult shaped structures.
- This type of fastener gives a load-distributing anchorage point reducing the risk of break-through on thin-wall structures
- The holed base design gives increased surface area for adhesive to bond to and helps prevent rotation.
Parts are introduced during the moulding operation and the material flows through the holes in the base plate which bonds the Jetloc firmly in place. Mating parts can then be firmly fixed to the Jetloc fastener in the usual way.
These bonding fasteners are suitable for both injection and rotational moulding techniques.
The Jetloc fastener is simply glued to the substrate with a suitable adhesive. The adhesive flows through the holes in the Jetloc fastener increasing the bonding surface area and resisting twisting forces.
Wet Lay Up
Used in the manufacture of Glass fibre or Carbon Fibre products. Resin
impregnated sheets are layered over the Jetloc fastener. The result is strong, metal fixing as an integral part of the finished product.