Nord-Lock locking washers for nuts have a wedge-locking action meeting DIN 25201 which is a unique method using tension instead of friction.
The rise of the cams between the Nord-Lock locking washers is greater than the pitch of the bolt. In addition, there are radial teeth on the opposite side. The locking washers are supplied and installed in pairs, cam face to cam face, and when the bolt and/or nut is tightened the teeth grip and seat on the mating surfaces. The washers are locked in place, allowing movement only across the face of the cams. Any attempt by the bolt/nut to rotate loose is blocked by the wedge effect of the cams, which positively locks the fastener even when it is subjected to vibration or dynamic loads.
• Maximum safety
• Resist loosening caused by vibration
• Ease of assembly and disassembly
• Locking function is not lost by lubrication
• Positive locking at low and high preload levels
• Same temperature characteristics as standard bolt/nut
• Reusable up to 5 times
Where are they used?
• Construction equipment
• Automotive and Trucking industry
• Agricultural equipment
• Manufacturing Equipment
• Railroad equipment
• Process industries
Available in Steel and Stainless Steel